||T. Rowe Price
||Washington County, MD
||Land Planning, Civil, Environmental, Survey
Century was responsible for providing land planning, civil and environmental engineering, and survey services for a new 14-acre campus consisting of a single 58,500 s.f. building achieving LEED® Gold Certification, with a future 58,500 s.f. expansion, associated parking lots, landscaping, stormwater management and amenity areas.
CEI responsibilities included conceptual design, planting plans, hardscape and amenity layout and details, preparation of final grading and sediment control plans, SWM design (quality and quantity), private water, sewer and storm drain plans. Century coordinated with Allegheny Power and other consultants for the installation of electric/ communication duct bank plans.
Sustainable Design Features:
Reused existing site rock for crusher base of proposal parking lots.
- Implemented showers and bike rack.
- Designed parking lot to provide the minimum parking spaces required per the local jurisdiction regulations.
- Designed parking for low-emitting fuel efficient vehicles.
- Reserved open space areas per the local jurisdiction regulations.
- Designed stormwater management system to limit the disruption of natural water flows by managing the stormwater runoff.
- Limited the use of water by providing indigenous plant species.
- Eliminated the use of potable water for irrigation installing plant material that is drought-resistant.